Sade's 80s classic to capture the frustration of the average British commuter.
To lighten the mood.
Train Operator
Fallen leaf
on the track.
I'm growing impatient at Waterloo station.
I've got to get back.
I'm freezing cold
and the paper's shite.
The front page reads like TV Quick magazine.
Who writes for the Lite?
My dinner is cold and my partner's annoyed.
I was supposed to be home spending time with our boy.
Now what is this drone I hear over the tannoy?
No need to ask, it's the Train Operator.
Train Operator x 3
Coast to coast, Llandudno to Scarborough.
British Rail.
North to Abroath then south down to Dartmouth.
Seats for sale.
The train arrives
an hour late.
Civilities fall as we dash for the platform.
Patience can wait.
No place for beginners or sensitive hearts.
"Excuse me, that's my seat", you cheeky bas-tard.
I've barely sat down, now who wants my railcard?
No need to ask it's the Train Operator.
Train Operator x 3.
Made to stand and packed in like cargo;
who would pay
4 quid for kitkats and coffee that tastes like charcoal?
Where do I complain...
...to the Train Operator?
Metal Monkey: Hanging on to his love since 198-Johnny-5.
So it goes
-
Right then, I am checking in here to say, I really don't have time to
update this anymore. What a pity, but there you are. Motherhood is by
turns wonderf...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment